A Lesiurely Afternoon Boat Ride on Pickett Lake

Last June of 2013, we made another visit to one of my favorite parks to hike and photograph nature. Pickett State Park is located on hwy 154 ,east of hwy 127. It is next to the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area in the north central region of Tennessee.





This trip turned out to be different than most. We saw the people rowing in the lake. The boathouse  was open and the canoes were available to rent so we decided to try it.
I haven't rowed in a small boat for many years but my boyfriend assured me it would be fine.





I was worried about my camera getting wet if the boat can capsized.
We ventured into the calm water and I immediately felt very tranquil.



The scenery was spectacular!
I'm glad I took the camera and here are some of the wonderful shots we captured.






All along the banks and cliffs of the island are caves and shelters. The shrubbery, flowers and blue green water made it all worth the trip.
The best part was rowing under the arch that we could only admire from the opposite side.




Rhododendrons, ferns, vines, small trees, and mountain laurels along the banks












We found a cave and shot some
 photos looking out into the lake.


another small lakeside cave long the water.
The reflection on the lake was beautiful.









We passed a beaver den on the way back to the boat dock. I didn't see the animals . It would have been a good shot.
I only regret that it wasn't very sunny. The photos may have been more colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment